It was during the journey of writing, re-writing and finding a publisher for McLeary’s Mulligan that I discovered my passion for screenwriting. An active member of the Maryland Writers’ Association Screenwriting Critique Group since 2005, I have found the counsel of my peers to be an essential, if frequently painful, resource in the process of learning the craft of screenwriting.
A disgraced golf prodigy and widower struggles to raise his headstrong teenager until a spunky, spiritual-minded woman helps him find faith, forgiveness and the will to try for the comeback of a lifetime.
- 2019 Award Nominee, Great Lakes Christian Film Festival
- 2019 Award Nominee, Canadian International Faith and Family Film Festival
- 2019 Official Selection, Christian Family Film Festival
- 2018 Finalist, God Country Family Christian Film Festival
- 2018 Official Selection, NOVA Film Festival
A genius inventor, accused of shooting down a passenger plane to create demand for her life-saving antimissile system, fights to prove her innocence and uncovers a deadly conspiracy involving a female marksman armed with a #Me Too moment and a political axe to grind.
- 2019 Finalist, The Writers’ Lab
- 2019 Semi-Finalist, Page Awards
- 2019 Winner, NOVA Film Festival Screenplay Competition
- 2019 Winner, Artemis Women in Action Film Festival Screenplay Competition
- 2019 Semi-Finalist, Fresh Voices Screenplay Competition
- 2018 Scriptapalooza Semi-Finalist
- 2018 Academy Nicholl Fellowship Top 20%
- 2018 Page Awards Quarter-Finalist
In a last ditch effort to keep her rock star dreams alive, a self-sabotaging rocker returns home to make a deal with the devil, her estranged father. During the painful reconciliation process, she uncovers the missing creative spark she needs to personally and professionally succeed.
- 2017 Quarter Finalist, Screencraft Family Contest
- 2017 Finalist, Atlanta Film Festival Screenplay Competition
After a fame-seeking journalist is fired, she succeeds as a digital publicist for a DNA test company, only to discover she unintentionally advanced a misogynist’s deadly bio-conspiracy.
- 2019 in Workshop, Stowe Story Labs Palm Springs
- 2019 In Workshop
While on location in a remote village overseas, an extra in an all-female film discovers the other actresses are actually members of ISIS planning an attack and must find a way to escape them and alert the American authorities before their plan is carried out.
- 2019 In Workshop
McLeary’s Mulligan, my first novel, was published under the Dark-N-Stormies imprint of Grace Abraham Publishing in 2004, and was named Finalist in both the ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award and USA Book News “Best Books” Award for mystery/suspense.
Read McLeary's Mulligan