It was during the journey of writing, re-writing and finding a publisher for McLeary’s Mulligan that I discovered my passion for screenwriting. An active member of the Maryland Writers’ Association Screenwriting Critique Group since 2005, I have found the counsel of my peers to be an essential, if frequently painful, resource in the process of learning the craft of screenwriting.
A disgraced golf prodigy and widower struggles to raise his headstrong teenager until a spunky, spiritual-minded woman helps him find faith, forgiveness and the will to try for the comeback of a lifetime.
- 2020 Finalist, The Kairos Prize
- 2019 Award Nominee, Great Lakes Christian Film Festival
- 2019 Award Nominee, Canadian International Faith and Family Film Festival
- 2019 Official Selection, Christian Family Film Festival
After her best friend disappears in the midst of a national tragedy that is poised to make her new technology invaluable, a brilliant scientist is framed for orchestrating the attack. On the run to prove her innocence, she becomes the target of a dangerous politician and uncovers a much larger conspiracy at play.
- 2020 Finalist, Richmond International Film Festival
- 2019 Finalist, The Writers’ Lab
- 2019 Semi-Finalist, Page Awards
- 2019 Winner, NOVA Film Festival Screenplay Competition
- 2019 Winner, Artemis Women in Action Film Festival Screenplay Competition
- 2019 Semi-Finalist, Fresh Voices Screenplay Competition
In a last ditch effort to keep her rock star dreams alive, a self-sabotaging rocker returns home to make a deal with the devil, her estranged father. During the painful reconciliation process, she uncovers the missing creative spark she needs to personally and professionally succeed.
- 2020 in workshop
An insecure young lifestyle blogger jumps at the opportunity to work for a DNA test company, only to discover her work is intended for a deadly purpose.
- 2019 in Workshop, Stowe Story Labs Palm Springs
While on location in a remote village overseas, an extra in an all-female film discovers the other actresses are actually members of ISIS planning an attack and must find a way to escape them and alert the American authorities before their plan is carried out.
- 2020 In Workshop
McLeary’s Mulligan, my first novel, was published under the Dark-N-Stormies imprint of Grace Abraham Publishing in 2004, and was named Finalist in both the ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award and USA Book News “Best Books” Award for mystery/suspense.
Read McLeary's Mulligan